Friday, January 23, 2009

My Editor

Well, as most of you know I am the worlds worst speller! Truly, I forget how to spell everything. It drives my husband crazy. He will tell me to put cereal on the grocery list and I always second guess my spelling...so when I ask "How to you spell cereal" I get the most disappointing look. Think about it! I'm the women he picked to raise his children. I stay at home with the two youngest and try to teach them their ABC's. This has to horrify him, and grammar, I don't use it or understand it! Give me a math problem any day and I can solve it...suduko...Easy for me! I'm still dumb founded by how my oldest son, Bailey got to be so smart! Blows my mind! He gets to go to advanced classes next year which I'm so excited about. He has been bored in school since Pre-K. He's always been a step, or two, sometime three ahead of the other kids in class. This year he is in 1st grade and is reading on a 5th grade level. He brought home a novel the other day...(seriously..it was 169 pages...for me that's a novel) and read it in two days. Do you know the last time I read a book. I've been reading the same one now for the past 6 months and I'm about 1/4 of the way through.

Now that I have just rambled about how bad I am with vocabulary and grammar let me introduce you to my editor...Kingo (names have been changed to protect the innocent). Just the other day Kingo corrected me on miss using the words write and right in my Facebook status. I actually know the difference but, I guess I was not paying attention. Most of the time I update my status while driving in the car...a habit of mine I need to break! Well about an hour ago I receive an email from Kingo and she has informed me that my list is WRONG! I had no clue what she could have been talking about. Does she know how long I worked on getting this list done! She said that I had White Water Rafting on the list twice. To prove Kingo wrong, I ran upstairs where my hubby hijacked the laptop and logged on to my blog....and guess what Internet....she was right (see, I told you I knew the difference). Number 20 and 87 were the same. So after thinking for a few seconds I came up with another task to add to the list so all will be right (there it is again!) in the world of blogs! Thanks Kingo and keep up the good work!

I just got finished watching Grey's Anatomy which I bawled my eyes out and then came up with the great idea of watching Private Practice as well....bad move. My eyes are so puffy! So now I can go and get my beauty sleep. I had to stay up and watch Ebay for my hubby. He's been trying to buy a new softball bat for a week and keeps falling asleep and then getting out bid! Poor guy! He can't make it past 9 PM to save his life! Well he will be glad in the morning when I tell him he one the bat! Maybe he will love me so much he will get Bailey on the bus in the morning so I can sleep in till Double A wakes! Just want to send thanks to McDreamy for helping me stay awake!

Oh, almost forgot to spellcheck this before I published it! One day I will forget to check and you will see what I mean!............................................Haha! 6 misspelled words!

0 comments: